I am writing to keep you updated about our plans concerning the reopening of our school.
During a videoconference last Friday, the team agreed to reopen the school from Monday 2 June 2020, providing there is no second wave of the pandemic or a government decision to close again all schools.
On Wednesday, we had a meeting at school in order to work out the modalities of our sanitary protocol.
Please find below a summary of the main decisions that were taken (our detailed protocol will be sent to you as soon as possible):
- The school will reopen on Monday 2 June for all children regardless of their ages.
- We will strictly implement the National Education sanitary protocol.
- Given the social distancing requirements we can only accommodate 94 children instead of our maximum capacity of 144.
- The school will be open from 8 am to 1 pm, Monday to Friday (Wednesday included)
- During the afternoon the team will keep their distant learning offer for children that did not physically return to school.
- Children in the Pearl, Cocoon, Lil and Sky classes will have to come between 8.30 and 9 am.
- All other children will have to come between 8 and 8.30 am
- Parents who have children in different classes will have to bring them together around 8.30 am.
- We will soon give you details about our protocol for dropping your children at school (no parking will be allowed). There is going to be 3 stops on the parking lot (depending on your children’s class).
- Once you’re there, a team member will check your children’s body temperature and then individually accompany them firstly to wash their hands and afterwards to their respective classes.
- Children will then follow a separate path from each stop to enter the school in order to avoid physical interaction, and it will be the same for the rest of the day.
- Children will have their lunch in class, therefore you will have to provide a lunch box or use our caterer service who can deliver lunch boxes (details will be given asap).
- Parents who do not wish their children to have lunch at school will be able to pick them up before 1pm
- We will send you the protocol about picking up your children from school as soon as we know how many children are staying for lunch or not.
- The school premises will be reorganized to guarantee the mandatory four-square meters space between each children / adults.
- Teaching materials that may be shared will be disinfected after every use.
- No adults apart from the school staff will be allowed inside the school building between 8am and 1pm.
- Teaching staff will all wear face masks.
- The school premises and materials will be disinfected at the end of every school day.
These are the main points of our protocol and we hopefully should be able to send you a more detailed version by the end of next week.
To help us make the best choices for the children wellbeing, could you please answer this quick survey before Monday May 18, by logging at: bit.ly/2LyeyoH
We will then wait for your feedback for any remarks and suggestions that might help us to improve our protocol.
In the meantime, our teaching staff will seek your children’s contribution.
I am wishing you all the very best.
Marc Lovreglio – Director of l’École bilingue Montessori de Nice