AGORAThe Bilingual Secondary School
The Bilingual Secondary School AGORAFive years after the Bilingual Montessori School of Nice opened, we welcome over 130 students. It is unique of its kind as a Montessori nursery and primary school in Nice. The CORAIL group, which owns 55% of the school plans to open a bilingual secondary school, which will connect innovative teaching methods with sports, arts and studies, and will welcome children from 11 to 15 years.
Our secondary school team consists of certified and associate professors with years of experience, and we are currently searching for a site for the school and funds in order for the project to take shape.
Having sold 45% of the society, which will manage this new structure, our financial needs are currently being developed, and will partially depend on the site.
Adore learning: continuing to nurture the natural want to learn
Grow together: helping adolescents to thrive within a considerate, caring and structuring system
Observe to understand: guiding students to the heart of their learning by giving them the keys to a teaching method based on free choice of activity
Reason and express: accompanying the development of critical and structured thinking
Advance and liberate, that the training for each adolescent brings forth a sense of citizenship and openness to the world.
What will the AGORA school be?Continuing from the Montessori school, where children learn to “do it by themselves”, the secondary school adheres to a process whereby the child, now adolescent, will grow within an environment advocating autonomy, individual and community thinking, knowledge acquisition at each student’s own pace and awareness of eco-citizenship.
The fundamental teaching methods for our secondary school will be :
- Free choice of activity
- Multi-age classes, bringing together the 12-13 years, and the 14-15 years.
- A split day, ‘lessons’ in the mornings and cultural and sport activities in the afternoons
- Assessments without grades
- Instruction that is considerate and caring
– The secondary school is to be open-plan: students move as and when they need according to their organisation, following a work plan created in collaboration with the teacher
– Consideration, care and practices:
- A democratic school where students participate actively in the life and decisions of the structure.
- Traditional teaching: regular class councils (for discussion of individual or group successes, difficulties, suggestions), acquisition of responsibilities.
- Stimulate students to be aware of ecological issues, encouraging them to act through building eco-projects with local partners.
- Multiple projects so adolescents can develop their autonomy and creativity.
- Skills booklet with successes and personalised goals
Secondary school students will take the ‘Brevet’ at 15 years, in their final year of school.
For further information
please contact us by email at the following address:
École bilingue Montessori de Nice
312 Avenue de Fabron, 06200 Nice
Phone : 04 92 04 46 80
mail : email@example.com